Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connection 8.5 Unified Messaging

Hello all,

I have a customer that has Unity Conneciton version 8.5 which is integrated with Exchange 2010 for Unified Messaging.

I'd like to know if it's possible that when a voicemail is left in an extensions voicemail box; the message can be sent to an email distribution list instead of just to the user's Outlook Inbox.

thank you.

Patrick

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

If you meant an Exchange Distribution List instead of a Unity Connection Distribution list it can be accomplished using Message Actions; just set it to Relay or Accept and Relay and specify the SMTP address of the Exchange DL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1330388

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity Connection 8.5 Unified Messaging

Hi Patrick

One way of doing this (and I'm not saying this is the only way) is to use a Call Handler. The message recipient on the Call Hander can be a Unity Connection distribution list which can include multiple target inboxes.

You can't use this technique on "normal" UC mailboxes - it has to be a Call Handler.

I've used this a few times, and it works fine.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

VIP Super Bronze

If you meant an Exchange Distribution List instead of a Unity Connection Distribution list it can be accomplished using Message Actions; just set it to Relay or Accept and Relay and specify the SMTP address of the Exchange DL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1330388

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Thank you BOTH for the quick replies; I did mean an Exchange Distribution List.

Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies