Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 - Updating Subscriber Fails with error

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I have a client that regularly practices changing Subscriber properties from time to time as employees change, a name might change or a setting changes.  For the most part this has not been a problem, but we have started to notice that Subscriberse are appearing in the system, such that when you attempt to make any change to their settings you get:

Invalid service capability. Calendar capability is not enabled for the service.

Now I have gone through the Internet/NetPro etc... and can't actual match on this exact error.  This comes from the Subscriber configuration page at the top after you change any setting and hit Save.

Now this doesn't effect all users, and in fact we have only been noticing it on a case by case basis, but it's beginning to seem as a concern because my only workaround at this point is to delete the Subscriber and then recreate it.  Problem is alot of these Subscribers are referenced as Caller-Inputs and have many dependencies, so deleting would cause problems with those as well as a loss of messages.

Has anyone noticed this problem in the past, or have any idea of what may be causing this?

The exact version of Unity Connection is 8.5.1ES45.12021-45

-Ron

1 Reply 1

ronfiander
Level 1
Level 1

So with help from TAC we were able to figure this one out.

In the case above it would seem that it was the Subscribers Unified Message Account that was causing the problem, and I suspect it was related to them removing the Corporate Email Address inbetween changing the properties of the Subscriber.

The resolution was to remove the UM Account for that Subscriber only, go back to the User Basics page and add in a Corporate Email Address (they have set this in their UM settings for Single Inbox), and then recreate the UM Account for that Subscriber.

After these steps we were able to adjust the user properties (exact steps below):

Go to the Unity Connection Administration page:

• Locate the user in question
  • Click on Edit > Unified Messaging Accounts
    • Tick off the check box to the left of the account and click “Delete Selected”
    • Go back to Edit > User Basics and put in a “Corporate Email Address” at the bottom of the page > Save
    • Go back to Edit > Unified Message Accounts and click Add
      • You will need to move the radio button under Account Information from “Use This Email Address” to “Use Corporate Email Address” (You should see the users email address you just inputted here) > click Save.

-Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: