Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 8.6 Callhandker greeting problem

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi guys,

I have this issue on a CH greeting. A personalized greeting has been recorded on the call handler greeting (closed), however the CH wont play this greeting but will rather play the recorded name. So during closed hours, you hear sorry "call handler ....is not available" rather than the recorded greeting on the CH. I have ensured that the use my personal recording is selected. I have no idea why connection is playing the recorded name rather than the recorded greeting of the CH. I have looked at the forums and see a few ppple with similar problem but yet to see a solution for this.

It should be simple, but not sure why it keeps playing the recorded name. Even when I put the recorded greeting on the redorded name, it then plays "sorry, then the greeting" which confirms that its usung the recorded name.

Please rate all useful posts
6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

restart tomcat and DB related services.

What is the process you have followed to upload the wav file.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate hepful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak,

The wav files were present on the old unity server. The file was downloaded and then uploaded to the prompt recorder. The same process was followed for a similar call handler and that works fine. I have also uploaded the prompt from a working CH to this CH greeting and the same problem occurs

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Deji,

How's life my friend

I hate to be a pain here, but it almost sounds like a problem with the office

hours open/closed schedule (times) and this being tested during the "open"

hours rather than the "closed" hours. Is this possible?

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

So good to read from you again. Life is good and I am on the UP. The schedule is fine and yes I tested it both at open hours and closed hours by adjusting the schedule on the closed greeting before I test. The interesting thing is if I tell the CH to play nothing on the closed greeting, it doesnt play any greeting. So I get silence as I specify. It just wont respond to a personal recording

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Deji,

Good to hear buddy

Can you try just recording a new Closed greeting rather than the wave file upload

just to test.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Finally figured what the issue was. It had to do with the language. The CH initially had "inherit language from caller". I changed it to "use system default language"..it worked! I am not sure what the issue with the recording's language is, but I played around with this setting and that resolved it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: