cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 - reset just the user name without recreating mailbox

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES25.21900-25, is there a way to reset just the user's NAME, instead deleting the entire mailbox account and recreating it?  We reset a bunch of new users passwords, set to change at next login.  However, the old user's name is still on the greeting.  Any help is greatly appreaicted.  Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

Hope all is well my friend!

The best way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from

the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **).

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

Hope all is well my friend!

The best way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from

the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **).

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

All is well my hockey friend - especially since the season will be starting in a month 

Thanks - I remember the Bulk User Delete from before - and we cannot run/install it on our computers - haven't looked into it in detail.  But if I ever get it up and running I am sure it will make life easier.  Thanks again.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

Yes this would make your life much easier

You could just get the users to re-do the recorded name themselves which

doesn't seem too arduous.....

Change recorded name

4 3 2

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Woot! Woot! Hockey in 1 month! Hopefully the SaddleDome is ready

to go after the bad flooding here in June (fingers crossed!)

- Bob Marley

So very true - but that does require them to do something - lol - thanks again.  I will suggest this to the next caller.