Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8 - Non Defined IMS Exception

Tim Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues.

I have a Unity Connection server -  Version: 8.0.3.10000-8. The CUC users are sync'd with CUCM using AXL. The CUCM is integrated for directory and authentication with AD, Unity Connection is not.

This morning I loaded uc-locale-en_AU-8.0.1.0-275.cop onto the CUC. I re-booted the server, the Unity Connection server has come with voicemail functioning but every time I try and authenticate to CUC for Unity Connection Administration, as an example, I get the error message Non Defined IMS Exception. If I authenticate to the OS or disaster recovery system it is fine. I am trying my own CUC account and the application administrator password and neither work.

I issued the command utils reset_ui_administrator_password in the CLI but I get the following error message back.

Fri Feb 10 09:42:31 EST 2012:ClassExecutionThread:General SQL failure:

Fri Feb 10 09:42:32 EST 2012:ClassExecutionThread:java.sql.SQLException: Failed to get Connection.Connector(NOT CONNECTED: Driver=com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver;)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.getConn(Connector.java:738)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.connect(Connector.java:621)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.connect(Connector.java:563)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.createStatement(Connector.java:797)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.createStatement(Connector.java:784)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.Connector.executeQuery(Connector.java:961)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.idbl.executeSelect(idbl.java:693)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.idbl.executeSQL(idbl.java:1272)

at com.cisco.ccm.dbl.idbl.run(idbl.java:1426)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdResetPasswd.executecommand(cmdResetPasswd.java:107)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdUtilsDb.executeCmd(cmdUtilsDb.java:61)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdClassThread.run(cmdClassThread.java:109)

2012-02-10 09:42:32,006 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] cli.cmdClassThread - cmdClassThread:run Exception: null

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdClassThread.run(cmdClassThread.java:109)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdResetPasswd.executecommand(cmdResetPasswd.java:132)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.cmdUtilsDb.executeCmd(cmdUtilsDb.java:61)

... 5 more

Internal CLI error detected, please try again.

If anyone could help I would be really grateful. The customer has let the maintenance expire on this so I can't log a TAC case.

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,

Is "A Cisco DB" service is not running on the server ?

GP.

Hi GP.

Thanks for getting back to me, you are quite correct, the Cisco DB service was not running but should of been, there was a fault. Cisco TAC had to go in with root and correct the problem and now everything is good.

That's correct. Using root access, TAC needs to fix some values manually for this perticular CUC version to get rid of this issue. Cisco DB service going down is one of the symptom of it.

I am glad that the issue is fixed now & I appreciate your ratings.

Cheers & Good Luck !!

GP.

Hi GP.

Your reply seems to imply that this is a known defect with this version of CUC, is that the case? If so, is there a bug ID for it?

Yes Tim, one of the following bugs would be relevant in your case if not all. TAC should be able to tell you the one.

CSCtk55224 

CSCtk06849 

CSCth87452

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!