cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1 for HA

john_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, existing I only running 1 unit Unity Connection and yesteday i had add in the subscriber and have configure neccesary parameter for HA. During I test down the publisher and can saw subscriber had take over the role as primary, but I fail to reach voice mail. Then I check CUCM and found the voice mail registration are unregister. Then I go to Unity connection serviceability to check the Unity port and found the port for subscriber is 0. Here is my question:-

- Is it normal which have 0 port?

- If this is not normal, how can I make voice port on subscriber same to publisher is 24 port?

- Is it HA need license?

- Is it I need to recreate the voice mail port at CUCM?

Please advice.

Thank you.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. Port capacity depends on the hardware. Assuming VMware since this is a new deployment which means port capacity is dependent upon the OVA you used and whether you have enabled G.722/iLBC or not.
  2. You need to install a license on the subscriber server. For this you need to place an order even though the HA server is free, you still need a PAK.
  3. Yes, see answer two.
  4. The subscriber will have it's own port group within CUC and additional voicemail ports in CUCM.
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny/cucintcucmskinny070.html#wp1097184

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. Port capacity depends on the hardware. Assuming VMware since this is a new deployment which means port capacity is dependent upon the OVA you used and whether you have enabled G.722/iLBC or not.
  2. You need to install a license on the subscriber server. For this you need to place an order even though the HA server is free, you still need a PAK.
  3. Yes, see answer two.
  4. The subscriber will have it's own port group within CUC and additional voicemail ports in CUCM.
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny/cucintcucmskinny070.html#wp1097184

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response and answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: