Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity connection 9: Can i transfer to an extension without a voicemail box

Hi All,

I remembered a long time ago while configuring CUC 7 that for an external caller to be able to dial an extension through auto-attendant a voicemail box is required on the phone.

Can you advise if this is still the case with 9? Our customer only wants VIP users to have a voicemail box and for the rest of the organisation to be transfered to the operator if rang out more than four times. Since this is the case i thought that it would be a waste to purchase mailboxes for all users just to allow the public to access their extensions thrrough AA. Please advise if there is another way to get this working.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Unity connection 9: Can i transfer to an extension without a voi

This is definitely doable and was doable on version 7 as well.  Simply configure their DNs to go to the operator extension on no answer/busy in CUCM. On the call handler itself you will need to check the checkbox to allow transfers to non-user DNs.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the swift response.

So what you are saying is that on the CUC once i check the box to allow transfers to non-user DNs there is no need for the extensions to have a mailbox? Also can you explain what is a "non-DN"?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, no need for mailbox.

Under the call handler --> Greeting --> Standard --> "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content