Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection AA

nish.jhony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring auto attendent in cisco unity connection 8.5. I need the configuration steps. When ever the caller makes a call it should land on the auto attendent and auto answer the call with custom greetings and give the option to dial the extension and then wait for an operator help.

I went through the cisco documents and created the call handler. But do not know what to do at the cucm end. Please guide me.

Regards,

Nish

8 Replies 8

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can create a cti route point for AA number and check the CFA option.

by this whoever will dial the AA number it will go to the unity and hit the AA.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Hi Nish,

To add, if you want to transfer calls to non CUC user number do following.

You can follow these steps to allow  opening greeting  call handler to transfer the call to extension which is  not unity  subscriber:

- Your Call Handler >> Edit >> Greetings >>   Standard >> Check the check-box "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not   Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

- System  Settings  >> Restriction Tables >> Default SYSTEM Transfer  >>  Look at the entry: * >> Uncheck (unblock)the blocked  check-box of  this entry. If you do not unblock this entry, when you  transfer the  call, the system will response "You cannot be transferred  to this  number. Check the number and try again"

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks Vipul and Ronak for replying.

Our customer has a range of numbers, say for example from 30000 to 30799. The full did would be 67030XXX.

So when a user calls on any number it should land on AA only and auto answer the call with custom greetings and give the option to dial the extension and then wait for an operator help.

Regards,

Nish

Hi

Since it is DID,

You will have to translate DID to AA number and than call will hit AA.

Without translation, You will have to create number of AA serving same functionality with DID numbers...Too messy, I would say...

regards

Ronak patel

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is true. I will have to translate it. But the problem is we are using a mgcp gateway, so the translation pattern is not working properly as required.

When ever I try to translate a DN to the AA number it will not translate. Since that number is in CUCM database the call will land directly on to the assigned DN. When I call any unassigned DN, it will get translated.

So in this case I think I need to create as many AA as required. Right?

Regards,

Nish

Yes.. or use H323 gateway.. lot easier.....But Its your choise.....

Thanks for the comments..

Regards,

Nish

Hi,

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards

Ronak Patel