Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection and multiple clusters

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have an 8.6.2 cluster with unity connection 8.6. I am deploying a second cluster and am trying to use the Unity connection on the first cluster via a trunk.

I have configured a SIP trunk between the clusters with QSIG tunnelled protocol and am able to leave messages , however MWI doesn't work

I have also tried with an ICT trunk and same results.

I'm now stuck as i believe this should work but am not sure on MWI config.

The MWI numbers on the second cluster , what should they be, i have read that you don't actually need them??? i have tried with and without and nothing changes

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure why you wouldn't need MWI numbers, I have a sip integration and I definitely use them.

Few things to check

1. Your sip trunk security profile needs to have the ff: checked

accept out of dialog refer

accept unsolicited notification

accept replaces header..

2. The inbound css on your sip trunk to unity connection needs to have access to the pt of mwi number.

3. keep it simple, use only sip trunk, I am not sure why you need qsig tunnelling, unless you need it for specific requirements, I will only use a sip trunk..

4, have you tried dialling the mwi number form an ip phone? does it work?

Please rate all useful posts

1. I will check

2.The unity connection integration to first cluster is actually SCCP but  I will check the CSS on the ports

3.If you read all the documentation it all mentions using QSIG tunneling to carry MWI between the callmanager clusters

4.yep

So i set this up in my lab to replicate what i wanted to achieve

UnityConnection 8 ---SCCP----CCM862SU2 -----SIP Trunk ------CCM862SU2

Basic config on the sip trunk , just added QSIG as the tunneled protocol.

It worked first time..............  Can't see why this doesn't work on the production cluster.

You don't need MWI configured on the second cluster , it all just seems to work.Will post again when i figure this out (hopefully)

Mark,

Thanks for the update. (not sure if you remember me though :))

sorry deji didn't recognise you're name , yes i do remember you , trying to forget RBS :-) though

anyway , sorted my issue, made a stupid mistake on the mailbox configuration.(Wrong phone system) once i changed that it worked a treat.Very easy setup.

Thanks Mark for the update (+5). Hope you are well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: