Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Capabilities

michalis1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask a question on Call handlers. I have setup 2-3 system call handlers (menu with prompts and caller input choices) that work fine.

But i am not sure if i can configure the below scenario that i have setup on an CUE 3 years ago.

Our clients call on 80 agents directly to their DIDs, for legal purposes i need to play an announcement on every client call.

I would like to setup an AA that will play a message only for PSTN callers and then redirects the call to the original called extension (Agent's extension).

Is this possible with CUC or I need a UCCX ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only way to make it work in UCXN is to use individual call handler for each user, if you have UCCX for example you can do something similar (in fact exact same) script in UCCX. No magic here as UCXN needs to know where to send the call after playing the announcement and there is no concept of variables to preserve the original called number.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Possibly this could help or lead you in the right direction.  I have never had to implement myself but may help in your case.

Using Routing Rules with the Route from Next Call Routing Rule Action

In a user profile or call handler, you can configure the After Greeting action, the After Message action, or the action of a caller input key to apply the Route from Next Call Routing Rule action to calls. This action causes Cisco Unity Connection to continue processing the call according to the applicable call routing table (direct or forwarded, depending on how the call was received from the phone system) starting at the rule immediately after the rule that Connection previously applied to the call. If the call was already processed according to the final rule in the table, the final rule is applied again.

For example, you might want to have Connection always play a standard greeting or legal disclaimer to all callers, whether they call Connection directly or are forwarded by an extension. The greeting plays before callers can take any other action—for example, leaving a message or signing in. To do so, you do the following tasks:

1. Create a new call handler and record the message as the alternate greeting.

2. Enable the alternate greeting, configure it to ignore caller input during the greeting, and then configure the After Greeting action with the Route from Next Call Routing Rule call action.

3. Add a new direct call routing rule to send all direct calls to the new call handler (with Go Directly to Greetings selected) and verify that the rule appears at the top of the direct call routing table.

4. Add a new forwarded call routing rule to send all forwarded calls to the same new call handler (again with Go Directly to Greetings selected) and verify that the rule appears at the top of the forwarded call routing table.

Once the system is configured in this way, all calls—no matter where they come from or how they get to the system—hear this greeting in its entirety and then proceed directly to their original destination.

Hello,

I am thinking of your answer and try to implement it. it is going to works for a couple of agents but for 80 agents if i am not mistaken i need the below:

1 x system call handlers (that is playing a message and forward the call to its original destination).

1 x Direct routing rules

1 x Forwarded routing rules

All the above for one agent!

I have 80 agents...

Do you think this scenario is going to work ? Am I correct ?

Or you mean something else ?

Hello,

I am unsure since I have never implemented this scenario before. I was only passing the information on as a possible option.  Originally I was thinking you would only need one of each.  You may be correct however.  If time permits, I'll try and setup in test lab.  It would be much easier if you had UCCX.

yes I know!!

but it a bit strange that in cue you can upload scripts that are much  more flexible than cuc!!

Cuc should provide the functionality of cue!!

The only way to make it work in UCXN is to use individual call handler for each user, if you have UCCX for example you can do something similar (in fact exact same) script in UCCX. No magic here as UCXN needs to know where to send the call after playing the announcement and there is no concept of variables to preserve the original called number.

HTH,

Chris

Chris thanks that was a very precise answer!!

thank you all guys for your answers!!

that means to me that i need to order licenses for uccx-ha.

one more question: if i need to play only aa scripts on uccx 9 (no agent monitoring, or queue monitoring, statistics ,etc.) what license do i need for example 24 port (concurrent calls).

i have 85 agents phones that must play the legal message before answering their phones!

what license i need to order?

Well, you would simply need CCX Standard version with which you get max IVR ports (up to 400), since the software if free and you only pay for agent seats I am not sure what is the minimum number of seats you can get, I would see if i can buy 1 seat license.

Chris

Thanks chris, this is great, i will try to get approval for a uccx 9. For ha i might need the advance uccx version thougth. I have one final question about cue version 8.6.7, i have to fix that issue until i get the uccx! When my cue was version 7.0.3 the behavior was fine. Now when the legal message is played and the call is not answered by the original called agent ( the call is fwd or picked up by another agent) we cannot see on the phone information about the original called agent. Have you any idea on how can i resolve this issue?

thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: