Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Default Username/ Password

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I have been really stuck with the UConnection 7.0 installation, as post installation I have been unable to access the UCA (Connection Admin) webpage with the admin username and password I specified at the time of installation.

IMHO, I have left no stone unturned in search of the answer of this, still no vain, even the UCX installation guide mentions that one can access only the CLI, Disaster Recovery and the OS Admin page with it (thats what I have been able to but not the UCA page).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/installation/guide/7xcucig020.html#wp187758

Please help

Kind Regards

Sam Wilson

6 Replies 6

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hello..

I know its simple issue, however really cant help move without it.

Any help?

Regards

During the install of Unity Connection you would have been asked to specify an Administrator Account username and password and an Application User name and password.

The Administrator Account credentials are used to login to the server CLI, the web based Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration and Disaster Recovery System.

Application User credentials are used to login to the Cisco Unity Connection Administration and Serviceability web pages.

Cisco Unity Connection Administration is the default web page if you just specify the server IP address in your browser so if you use the Application User credentials you should be able to log in.

Thanks Jamesha,

I will reinstall the setup and will try again.

Strange that this is little bit different than othewise any "Normal" installation where in the Admin A/c has all the priviliges than the App Admin.

Btw, if I recall correctly, then one doesnt get a chance to define the App Admin user account, its just the password, hence the App Admin account is "administrator".

Also I believe this would be the same for the CUCM 7.0?

Regards

Sam Wilson

No you definitely get to define both usernames and passwords - see link below for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/installation/guide/7xcucig020.html#wp187758

I always complete a spreadsheet with the install details as I go so that I have a record for later reference.

Good luck

James

"Application User Name and Password

You use the Application User name and password to access applications that are installed on the system, including the following areas:

•Cisco Unified Serviceability

•Real-Time Monitoring Tool

To specify the Application User name and password, follow these guidelines:

•Application User name-The Application User name must start with an alphabetic character and can contain alphanumeric characters, hyphens and underscores.

•Application User password-The Application User password must be at least six characters long and can contain alphanumeric characters, hyphens, and underscores.

You can change the Application User name and password by using the command line interface. For more information, see the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide. "

I guess I missed the word "Including" and got to the point that I didnt realize that missed a whole train here..

Thanks James.

Regards

Sam

Thanks James,

IT resolved my issue. Last night, I reinstalled it and noted that App User is the user to get into the UCAdmin.

Thanks for your help

REgards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: