Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connection Email Attachments

I am running CM Business Edition 7.1.3.  I have configured Unity Connection to send users the voicemail messages that they recieve via an SMTP smart host.  Users are recieiving the .wav files without a problem.

Question is, can I change the "from" address of the email?  All emails are showing as coming from "Unity Connection Messaging System" and I would like to change this.  I have changed the subject field, but would also like to change the from field.

Thank You.

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES

Re: Unity Connection Email Attachments

Sorry, I don't believe this is an option that can be changed.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I also don't see an option to change this. You can customize the Subject line until you're hearts content, but not the "From" address.....unless anyone knows differently?

Seems to me it's a Cisco Branding type thing?

It's not branding.  It's that you are using a relay host to send messages so, in the "eyes" of the relay host, it is receiving a message from Unity to a specified email address...which, in turn, in what you see when you receive the message.

Hailey

But why not the option to change the name to say "Company ABC Messaging System [mailto:whatever@company.com]" ?

Currently, it's only Unity Connection Messaging System [mailto:unityconnection@domain.com]

That's another discussion.  I'm just giving the scoop on the behavior.

Hailey

I have seen the From populated if I left a message from an extension that has a Unity Connection mailbox.  The from field would be SMTP address of the sending mailbox.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content