cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection install problem

fran19422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have successfully installed CUCM 8.6 on my VMware ESXi server via VSphere 5.0.

Now I am trying to install Cisco Unity Connection, however it always says Unity Connection is a "Product not supported on current hardware".

I have read others have simply increased the HDD allocation for the Unity Connection virtual machine. I have increased it all the way to 800GB. No luck.

I have also given it's virtual machine a full allocation of CPU sockets/cores and 7GB of RAM but still no luck.

I have used Red Hat 4 and 5, 32 bit as operating systems. These both work for the CUCM 8.6 installs.

The installer always says CUCM and CUCM business edition can be installed but not Unity Connection.

Does anyone have any ideas how I get this to install ?

Thanks kindly for any help.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just a thought on vCPU..

For Unity Connection VM one CPU core must be idle/unused (it is actually being used by ESXi scheduler).What u have taken?

Please refer this

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Sizing_Guidelines

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you use the correct unity connection OVA?

Please rate all useful posts

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Unity Connection is a different install animal. You will need to check your CPU's. While it is easy to manipulate the OVA to meet the needs of the application, Unity Connection also has a built in check to verify the CPU's being given are of the correct size. I ran into this a while back. I cant remember what the requirements are for the minimal needs for Unity Connection but lets say your server has 1.7GHz processors and Unity Connections needs 2.1GHz. Well you can adjust the OVA all you want and throw more processor at it all day long, its not going to work. the processors would need to be 2.1GHz at a minimum before Unity Connection will install.

Tracy

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just a thought on vCPU..

For Unity Connection VM one CPU core must be idle/unused (it is actually being used by ESXi scheduler).What u have taken?

Please refer this

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Sizing_Guidelines

regds,

aman

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you use the correct unity connection OVA?

Please rate all useful posts

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Unity Connection is a different install animal. You will need to check your CPU's. While it is easy to manipulate the OVA to meet the needs of the application, Unity Connection also has a built in check to verify the CPU's being given are of the correct size. I ran into this a while back. I cant remember what the requirements are for the minimal needs for Unity Connection but lets say your server has 1.7GHz processors and Unity Connections needs 2.1GHz. Well you can adjust the OVA all you want and throw more processor at it all day long, its not going to work. the processors would need to be 2.1GHz at a minimum before Unity Connection will install.

Tracy