Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity Connection License question

I had a Unity Connection Cluster running version7.1.5 and I upgraded the cluster to version 8.5.1 over the weekend  I am a little confused in terms of licensing. My understanding was that Ii need two licenses, one for the publisher and a HA license for the subscriber.  I got both license.  After the software

upgrade and switch version,  I installed the license at the publisher and subscriber. These two licenses are fine.  However, Untiy Connection reported I do not have license for users mailboxes and voice mail ports.  I did have licenses for them but it is for Unit Connection ver 7.x.

My assumption is that once I install the Ver 8.x feature license, it should be able to recognize the mail boxes and voice mail port license.  Well, i was wrong.  I opened a case with Cisco licensing team and they re-issue all my mail boxes and voice mail ports licenses for ver 8.x.

Does anyone has similar experience?  I search Cisco documentation for license requirement when upgrading UCXN from 7.x to 8.x, all I can find is the

the requirement of  8.x feature license and HA license.

CreatePlease to create content