Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Silver

unity connection license

I`m due to upload a new license file on a unity connection system soon

Do I keep the existing license file already in Unity and just laod and active the new one

I need to extend the number of ports in Unity- they are already configured in CUCM , do I just use the Wizard in CCM and manually add them in Connection?

On a slightly separate note the SI who originally installed and added the ports as follows though I do not know if they used the wizard or did it manually:

On the VM Wizard in CCM the VM server name is the default CiscoUM1 which I understand must match the name in the Unity connection port group - Device Name Prefix* however they have named it here as CiscoUM1-VI - this is correct ?- Is this the reason the issue I`m having below

For example I`m seeing "device CiscoUM1-VI3 is not found" in my CUCM traces, I can not locate it in CUCM but I can in Unity Connection under Telephony Integration>>Port as SCCP DEVICE NAME in the port page also the DN configured with it in Connection and in CUCM is the same -900604.

Is this because when the Unity Connection ports were added in Connection it was the 3rd port created so it took fit`s name rom DEVICE NAME Prefix* UM1-VI3 but in CUCM the correlation between the VM wizard and the DEVICE NAME PREFIX is wrong and so I`m seeing errors ?

VM seems to be working fine however

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: unity connection license

The prefix in Unity Connection and CCM should match. You may do it by using the wizard or do it manually

Silver

Re: unity connection license

Thanks that`s what I thought. If I redo the ports, would it be best to delete then all and start again in CCM and Unity ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content