cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Live Record - Softkey like UC500 Series

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer using a UC500 and they have the softkey "LiveRcd" that they can use to record a phone call, and have it delieverd to their user mailbox.  I want to deploy the same thing using Unity Connections 8 integrated to Communications manager 8.x.  The only problem is all of the instructions for CUCM / Unity connections say to set up "live record" then use the "conference" button to conference the pilot for live record in.  Is there NO way to simply have the user push a single button like in the UC500?  Seems backwards to include options in the cheap uc500 and not in the enterprise product.  Just saying.

Clay

8 Replies 8

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clay,

A softkey is indeed not possible as far as I know. For the fun of it I tried to leverage the ip phone sdk and what does seem to work is to use of a service url configured on a line button. In that xml phone service I leveraged the CiscoIPPhoneExecute to make the phone first press the conference softkey and then for key presses and lastly for a softkey event to complete the conference. It achieves the goal you had in mind for a one click button it is just quiet slow. Probably it is easier to just educate the customer to press conference softkey (or button depending on the model), press a speeddial configured on a line button and complete the conference.

bvanturn wrote:

Hi Clay,

A softkey is indeed not possible as far as I know. For the fun of it I tried to leverage the ip phone sdk and what does seem to work is to use of a service url configured on a line button. In that xml phone service I leveraged the CiscoIPPhoneExecute to make the phone first press the conference softkey and then for key presses and lastly for a softkey event to complete the conference. It achieves the goal you had in mind for a one click button it is just quiet slow. Probably it is easier to just educate the customer to press conference softkey (or button depending on the model), press a speeddial configured on a line button and complete the conference.

Nice example of creative research even for a lesser issue, completed with a solidly pragmatic recommendation. My rating, a "5".

m-laing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How do you configure Live Record on Cisco Unified Communication Manager with Unity Express?

What tasks need to be configured on Cisco Unified Communication Manager?

Hi there,

CUE - Live Record

The config in CUCM consists of a new "Live Record" DN that Forwards to the CUE Pilot #. You could use

a CTI-RP for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/12advVM.html#wp1025665

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob.

I completed the tasks as per document, however when I dial the pilot number I reach a fast busy

Regards

Marsha Laing

Senior IP and Data Consultant

Office:  (787) 765-0058 x. 2079

Mobile:  (876) 322-8787

marsha.laing@netxar.com

www.netxar.com

Hi Marsha,

Just curious, did you use a CTI-RP for the Pilot in

CUCM? Check the CSS and Call Forward CSS

Cheers!

Rob

I created the CTI RP and now when I try to initiate a call using Live record pilot, When I press the cnf key and then dial pilot for live record I am getting a subscribers voicemail box.

Should this be the behavior?

Regards

Hi Marsha,

You should ultimately end up in the Users mailbox who starts the Live Record session

Using Live-Record

After live-record is properly configured, users can use the following sequence of steps to initiate a live-record session. This example assumes a call is already established. The subscriber wanting to record the conversation does not need to be the caller who initiated or received the call.

1. Initiate a conference to the Cisco Unity Express live-record pilot number.

Press the conference softkey button. The current conversation is paused.

2. Dial the live-record pilot extension number.

3. The live-record pilot extension forwards the call request to the voice mail pilot number.

4. Cisco Unity Express answers the incoming call, detects the live-record pilot extension, and begins recording if the call referrer is a valid Cisco Unity Express subscriber.

5. Complete the conference.

Press the conference softkey button again. At this point, everything either party says is recorded except the beeps played by Cisco Unity Express.

Cheers!

Rob