Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Message action (email)

born.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i`m playing around in my lab and i have a strange case. If i enable the "notification device" the user receive immediately an email with a notification.

But if i try to configure a "message action" that the voice mail is send by email. It does not work. Did i forgot something to configure?

The smart host is configured right in Unity Connection cause i got an email if i enable "notification" device.

I`m using Unity Connection 8.6.2

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Jason

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you looking to use Single Inbox feature?  If so then you need to integrate UCON with Exchange, here is a link to config guide, but there are also many threads on this forum discussing the config if you have further questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg020.html

HTH,

Chris

Hmm i always want to send the voice message as attachement by email.

Uhh i did a mistake. I have configured under Message Actions "Email" for relay. I have now configured "Voicemail" for relay and that works fine. Sorry for that.

But what is this with Single Inbox Feature? What are the advantages of that?

Single Inbox allows you to synchronize messages in UCON with Exchange so that you get full Unified Communications experience. Messages are basically copied from UCON message store to Exchange mailstore and full synched so that if you listed to it in Outlook client for example MWI is turn off, if you delete it from Exchange it is deleted in UCON. This is basicallt the next hop after SMTP Relay that was offered intitially with UCON to be able to deliver voice messages into single unifed mailbox.

HTH,

Chris