Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Missing Messages

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUC 8.6.2.

I think the messages I am missing are coming in from the main number, which is forwarded to a system call handler when the receptionist is not available.  In the call handler's message settings I have set message recipient to user with mailbox and chose the receptionist's personal extension.  When I look in the user's mailbox I can see there are 9 messages waiting, but when I dial in from the phone there are no messages there, read or otherwise.

Also, the user has said that the envelope icon is next to the main number (same number as the call handler), but not her extension (which through the web ui says it has 9 messages).

What have I set up wrong?

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

If you call the personal extension directly and leave a message is it available?

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Yes, messages left directly to the personal extension are retrievable.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

OK at least we know that works. One other thing to remember is that when

you look at the user via CUCadmin> user> edit> mailbox and see the number

of messages as 9 that does not necessariliy mean they are all "new" messages

this number includes new, saved & deleted messages.

I would try this Tool from the excellent suite of Unity Tools to have a look

to see what info is passed to Unity Connection and what the call flow looks

like when this scenario happens just to make sure the call is reaching her mailbox.

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The Unity web page says there are 9 messages and I went through the new, saved and deleted and only found one deleted message.

The web page you sent me looks like a 3rd party application.  Are these tools endorsed by Cisco?

+5 to my great friend Rob!

Jacob, the tool is not a 3rd party application. It's cisco developed. Use the tool to monitor what extension is passed to unity connection when the message button is pressed. Looks to me like you are looking at the wrong extension...

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the response aokanlawon.

I downloaded the tool and was able to see all the messages, both calling the personal extension and calling from the main number and being routed through the auto attendant are being left in the same box.  The user is able to retrieve all the messages, but even after delete the message count on the webui does not decrease.  I just changed the delete setting to not save deleted messages, but the count is still high.  Is there a way, other than recreating the user, to clear the deleted messages for her?

Keep in mind that there is also an Aging Policy applied to the VM box and it is configured to permanently delete the messages after x days. This is under Message Aging > Aging Policies. It could be why the count is not decremented immedialty after deleting a message.

Please rate helpful answers!

Thank you Amine, it was the aging policy that was causing the high message count.  I have altered it and waited and the count now correctly reflects the number of messages.

Hi.
I would give a try to what follows:
on the phone press message button
at the prompt requesting pin enter *
enter the receptionist extension (not the call handler one) enter the pin and see what you retreive from UC if no message or 9

Let us know

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"