Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection no Web Application option when changing password

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

In unity connection 8.6.2 - we are trying to change a password for a single user. Everyone else is fine, but in this instance, the drop down that usually contains Voicemail and Web Application when navigating to Edit > Change Password is not present.

You only get the Voicemail option.

Please forgive me if i have slightly mistyped the option specifics of Unity Connection - at the moment i am not in front of my unity box.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this user LDAP integrated user? Or perhaps AXL integrated (don't recall if AXL integrated behaves the same way).

Chris

Indeed - this is an LDAP integrated user. I have done some checks in CUCM to ensure that they are CTI enabled etc.

Then this is expected, as LDAP integrated users get their password from AD and cannot be defined on UCXN.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

So you are telling me that you cannot change the Web Application (viewmail) password for an AD integrated user?

Can you please provide evidence for that? We have AD integrated users who we usually change ViewMail passwords for.

Correct, if you are LDAP integrated the password and authentication goes through AD, as that is the whole idea and typically desired. 

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: