cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Question

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

I'm working on a multi-cluster UCN design and am wondering if this scenario will be supported.  The attached diagram describes the scenario.  The question is when a VMN user sends sends a message to the Corporate Domino Address of a user (SMTP Proxy Address for the User on a different UCN cluster), will UCN_Cluster_A recognize that it needs to send it to UCN_Cluster_B based on the SMTP Proxy Address (Domino Address) of the user, and will it rewrite the Destination to the UCN Address (not Domino Address)?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

I'm just posting an update to this.  I have tested it and found that Unity Connection does not search the Proxy Addresses of other clusters when processing messages.  So, what needs to happen is to configure the Unity Connection clusters to forward un-resolvable messages to a SmartHost, which can then route the message appropriately, like to the corporate email Inbox of the user...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: