cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection ucs display issues

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am installing UCON on UCS-210M using the 5000 user ova, and everytime I attempt to boot into it I get blank screen with just an underscore present.  I can boot into BIOS and the display is fine, but as soon as I go to attempt to boot into the machine I see nothing.  I tried couple other ovas on 2 seperate UCS boxes with the same outcome.  The CUCM works fine, so I know the issue is something with the UCON ova.  I see the following in the log:

Nov 01 07:29:46.008: vmx| Failed to detect host topology, using defaults for width and height

Nov 01 07:29:46.008: vmx| Host display topology 2360x1770.

Nov 01 07:29:46.008: vmx| SVGA using 2360x1770.

Which makes me think the resolution is too high.  I played around with the video card settings, increasing memory, card coding resolution with the same results.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Press F12 during the BIOS sequence and manually select to boot from the DVD. The disk image laid down by that OVA for sector alignment has a basic MBR so the VM boots to the HD instead of proceeding to the DVD.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Press F12 during the BIOS sequence and manually select to boot from the DVD. The disk image laid down by that OVA for sector alignment has a basic MBR so the VM boots to the HD instead of proceeding to the DVD.

That was it, thanks.  Do you know if there is a bug identified for this?

I'm not aware of a defect. I have seen this behavior in a few other templates as well; I believe CCX and possibly CUP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: