Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Unable to reset GUI password

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Client has forgotten the GUI password, there were several failed attempts to login.  After that there were several attemps to change the password through CLI.  Now when I try to reset the password I get the following error;

admin:utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password
New password:*
Confirm new Password:*

-------------------- utils reset_ui_administrator_password --------------------

Reset user interface password
2014-04-30 17:57:43,168 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] cli.cmdResetPasswd - Error:: Unable to set Passwd
2014-04-30 17:57:43,168 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] cli.cmdResetPasswd - Error:: Read Credential for cucadmin01 failed.
04/30/2014 17:57:43.165 : Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE

Executed command unsuccessfully

With the many resets, we are unsure what the password is now.  If anyone has encountered this issue please let me know what steps are needed to correct this.

Thanks,

AK

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi AK,

you can follow the procedure

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection/68400-unity-conn-password-recovery.html

Suggest keeping alphanumeric password of at least 8 characters in length with special characters like @, #

regds,

aman

Hi,

I can see there is a bug with UCXN version 2 and 7

Cannot reset GUI administrator password using CLI command
CSCsi41335
Symptom:
In a CUC standalone configuration, when trying to reset the password of the GUI administrator ("CUCAdministrator") using the CLI command utils reset_ui_administrator_password, the command fails with the error message Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE. 
The CLI command "utils reset_ui_administrator_name" will fail with the same error. 

Conditions:
Seen with Cisco Unity Connection 2.0(1) and 7.0 as well.

mpattersonel
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this problem now as well.

In the past if memory serves,I had to do a reboot on Unity Connection for this command to work.  I am going to attempt it this evening. I think there might be a bug

admin:utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password
New password:*
Confirm new Password:*

-------------------- utils reset_ui_administrator_password --------------------

Reset user interface password
2014-05-01 13:31:55,544 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] cli.cmdResetPasswd - Error:: Unable to set Passwd
2014-05-01 13:31:55,545 ERROR [ClassExecutionThread] cli.cmdResetPasswd - Error:: Read Credential for ucadmin failed.
05/01/2014 13:31:55.543 : Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 8.6.2.20000-2
Active Version Installed Software Options:
No Installed Software Options Found.

I believe the link posted above is only applicable for older versions of Unity Connection that were Windows based.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: