Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Upgrade slow

conie saga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have Unity Connection 7.1.3 on UCS & we are upgrading to 10.5.

We are uploading .sgn.iso file via FreeSFTPD (sftp) & its taking too long to upload around 2hour to 3hour just to upload 3.5 GB file. All ports are on same switch & switch has gigabit ports.

I burn iso file into DVD but i don't know how to locate DVD in UCS for unity connection. I tried put DVD in my laptop it didn't detected then i tried connect external DVD to UCS Server (using USB port) that also didnt detected.

Any idea how to upload the file fast.

Second, for upgrade, first system upload the file & then it start upgrade process.

We were able to upload the file successfully but for some reason our upgrade didn't successful, it stopped in middle & we had to start the process from start again ( 1st upload (which takes 2 to 3 hours just for upload) then 1.5 hours to complete upgrade)

Is there a way if a file is already uploaded into system, we can use it again instead of uploading the same file again.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can upload the CUC ISO image using ESXi, just login through ESXi Client and click on management IP (ESXi) and click “configuration” and then click storage, one row will be displayed right click on that and click “browse database” and create folder and upload ISO file to that folder, it will take 15-20 minutes.

Suresh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can upload the CUC ISO image using ESXi, just login through ESXi Client and click on management IP (ESXi) and click “configuration” and then click storage, one row will be displayed right click on that and click “browse database” and create folder and upload ISO file to that folder, it will take 15-20 minutes.

Suresh

+5 for Suresh, simply upload the file to local datastore and then perform the upgrade using local storage vs. sftp.

Chris

Thank u guys for reply. Suresh, Esxi client, do u mean vsphere client? Upload file into datastore ? I have already uploaded file into datastore but how to browse tht file in cucm upgrade page (under OS Administraton-》Install/upgrade) bcoz in install/upgrade page there r two options only 1-via DVD 2- Remote file system (which via sftp or ftp). There is no option to browse file from local datastore. Kindly advise. Thank u

You first need to mount the DVD/CD to the ISO on the datastore in sphere client under the UCXN virtual machine, make sure you set it to be "connected" and then you should be able to see it as local image when you attempt the upgrade.

Chris

Hi coniesaga,

Once you have mounted ISO to VM, On OS Administration Page  you have to select source as "DVD/CD" then click Next.

Refer attached image.

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor