Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Voice Enabled Directory Language

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hello folks,

I've got a problem with Unity Connection.  It's got the UK language pack installed and all works very nicely.

I've enabled a directory handler for voice and it's answered by an American voice and I can't for the life of me figure out where to alter the voice back to British.  When I tick the box to make the directory voice enabled, it removes the option to alter the language.

LH

7 Replies 7

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked this on my system and note the same behavior in what is available in the admin interface when you either:

a. Createa Directory Handler and flag the handler as voice enabled during the creation step OR

b. Create a Directory Handler (not voice-enabled) and then set the voice enabled flag and save

I believe the default behavior is to inherit the language from the caller.  Which you can set in the routing rules that send the caller to the call handler/directory handler.  You are also supposed to be able to set this in the Call Handler if you use a Call Handler to direct calls to the Directory Handler.  So, I would look at your routing rules and/or Call Handler (if you have a Call Handler in front of your Directory Handler.

If it is applicable in your environment, you may also want to check System parameter for language.  Under System Settings>General Configuration.

If none of these work for you, I noted that if you use option (b) (above) to create the Directory Handler and then change the language setting before enabling voice activation, the setting appears to "stick".  But, I didn't test this with another language as I have only one loaded.  All I did is make the language change, save the DH, enable voice, save the DH.  Then I disabled voice and clicked on save, I noticed that my language change stuck.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill

I have the same problem with Unity Connection 11.5. Need to be able to use voice enabled name directory in English and in French. In English no problem. In French not able to get it to work at all. Language set at Direct Routing Rule level. No issues for non-voice directory handler.

Any progress on this from anyone?

Hi Jakub,

It sounds like this bug/enhancement;

CUC: Need localization support for Voice-Enabled Directory Handlers
CSCve06484
Symptom:
Voice-Enabled Directory Handlers prompts are always played in English-United States, regardless of the installed languages or the system configuration.
Need to add an option to change language of Voice-Enabled Directory Handlers.

Conditions:
Unity Connection 9.x, 10.x, 11.x;
Voice-Enabled Directory Handlers;
Language packages installed for localization

Hi Rob. Thanks! This looks exactly like the issue. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Plus, the voice recognition engine on CUC is English only as well

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Can we use external voice recognition to overcome the English-only aspect?

huseyin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

Directory Handler feature support just USA English language.

You can check this on link;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/administration/guide/b_cucsag.pdf 

Page 34, Other Unity Connection Features

BS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: