Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connections and SMTP

Currently I have Unity 8.6. I have a remote office that will not be on our domain or Exchange server (they are going to Microsoft 365). Is there a way to send via SMTP their voicemails over to them with the acknowledgement that features will not all be there like Unified Messaging?

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

David,

I am not 100% clear what you are trying to acomplish but check this out, I think is the answer for your query

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag175.html

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Please Kudos/rate if this help!
Silver

Hello David,

I would also need clarification on what stands for remote office, is it a CUC, Exchange server or something else?

Assuming that what you are trying to deploy is relaying messages to users outside from your CUC server without using Unified Messaging then you would just simply configure:

1. Smart Host: This will be the relay point that handles where on messages go. Most likely it will be an Exchange server.

2.Under User>Edit>Message Actions> Select for Voicemails or all the applicable options you wish to relay> Accept and relay. Then at the bottom put the email address where you want it to be send.

Basically CUC will notice that the address is an external domain, it will look for the Smart Host configured and send the message, afterwards Connection is out of the scope and it's up for Exchange or whatever other server you have configured to manage the messages to reach it's intended destination.

-David

The answer to your question is yes.  Take a look at the following blog:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/blogs/entry/voicemail-only-voicemail-relay-and-integrated-messaging-options-with-unity-connection.html

The main consideration is around MWI in that if you are relaying to another email account then there is no synchronization between phone and the email account in terms of read/unread status for message waiting.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies