cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DiRT - Backup fails for UnityDB, ReportDB and mailboxes

When using DiRT to backup Unity, we are facing three issues:

1) error backing up UnityDB

2) error backing up ReportDB

3) unable to backup mailboxes because Administrator account has no "Send As" and "Receive As" privileges on the Exchange.

For issues 1) and 2) we tried to add more privileges to the Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager Administrator account, but the result was the same. We even tried creating a new account (with all privileges) and performing the DiRT backup with that account, but got the same errors.

As for the 3rd issue, the Microsoft Exchange System Manager application has no way to provide "Send As" and "Receive As" privileges to accounts. Where can those privileges be assigned?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried using the 2 hop backup method? The Send As/Receive As permissions can be set using ADUC as well as the Exchange System Manager. Right-click your server > propertied > Security tab.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

The 2-hop backup method worked perfectly (for the 1st and 2nd issues)! Thanks!

As for the Send As / Receive As permissions, I used to Active Directory Users and Computers to set the privileges but I am still unable to backup the mailboxes. I'm getting the same error.

After changing the Registry, I was able to have access to the privileges via Exchange System Manager and it is know working.

Thanks a lot!