Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity does not transfer calls

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

It doesn't look like my Unity (4.2) is able to transer calls to an external number or even to another internal extension. I use the option 4 in my personal mailbox which offers the call transfer option and allows me to enter an internal or external number. When I dial the extension it goes to my personal greeting and inviting the callers to leave a message. Please note that I have created a transfer rule (9??????????*)in the Restriction Table but it doesn't look like working. I am not even able to transfer a call to another local extension. Am I missing some config?

Thanks for your help,

MK

11 Replies 11

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Make sure that the VM Ports in Unity have enabled the Trap, this is done in Start --Z Programs -->Cisco Unity --> Manage integrations

Then make sure that in CCM the CSS of the VM Ports can reach the partition of the phone that you are trying to call.

Thanks Jorge,

The VM ports are all Trap enabled accept the last two ones (2 out of 16 ports) and the CSS of the VM ports contains the partition of the phones. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

MK

Anybody can hlep? Please

Does it mean there's no solution for my problem?

what do you have for all the restriction tables?

are you changing the restriction tables for transfer or for outdial?

do u see the VM port dialing in the port status monitor?

if so enable CUCM detailed traces and verify what's happening on the CUCM side

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the reply,

Please find in attach the print screen of the config. When you say CUCM trace, are you talking about the trace in the CallManager or in the unity?

Thanks,

OK, exactly what you did during the output of the port status monitor??

if you're going to tell me that you dialed something then there is something wrong with your DTMFs because i see none in there

was that internal or external?

if you try something as simple as configuring a caller input on a call handler, which has an attempt transfer to other call handler which under the transfer options has: yes, ring subscriber at this extension: and an internal DN

does it work?

javalenc

HTH

java

The number that I am dialing is 514-340-8916. I am expecting the call to be transfered to 514-602-7093 which is my cell phone as it's configured in the call transfer. Even if I use a 4 digits internal extension the received call goes directly to the voicemail instead of being transfered.

And the answer for your question is "Yes".

The transfer using a call handler works.

Thanks,

OK, so the call flow is you dial 514-340-8916, i guess that reache an AA in unity, then you dial your 4 digit extension and under your subsccriber you have the call transfer as "yes, ring subscriber at this extension:"

is that the call flow? is that what you're doing?

if not please explain the whole call flow and what elements are involved

what's option 4 in your subscriber?

javalenc

HTH

java

No, 8916 is my extension and 514-340-8916 is my DID. There's no AA involved in this senario. I dial 514-340-8916 (my DID) and am expecting to receive the call on my cell (9514-602-7093) which is configured in the call transfer of my extension (8916) but the call rings 4 times and goes to the voicemail. No transfer happens.

When you press the message button on the IP Phone the unity greeing starts playing. It asks you to press 4 for the set of options. In the set of options the system invites you to press:

1 --> for greeting

2 --> For Message setting

3 --> for personal setting

4 --> For transfer setting

I chose 4 to transfer calls to my cell phone. The system confirms that all incoming calls will be transfered to 9514-602-7093 which is my cell phone but all incoming calls to my extension (8916) rings 4 times and goes directly to the voicemail without being transfered to my cell phone.

Also something new is happening now. I press the message button, the unity asks me to entre th password. As soon as I dial the password, I receive a message stating that "The system is temporarly unavaialble now please call later". I stoped and started the unity service but it does the same. Why is this message for? How can resolve this new issue?

Thank you for your hlep,

MK

I am still waiting for some hleps.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: