Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express and ARC Question

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got ARC and want to configure the night queue to forward to my voicemail pilot.

I've got a ddi number of xxxxx xx8200 which is configured in UCM as a translation pattern that has a called part transform mask of 5101 which is configured as a CTI RP and ties into ARC Q 5104. The receptions phone extension is 8201

Im using unity express 7.1 and UCM 7.0.2

Does anyone have any ideas or documentaiton that would help me get to the bottom of this?

Thanks

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You've detailed your setup; but not really what you want to do.

If you want to divert using the break hours overflow (or any other for that matter) the typical setup is that you create a CTI RP with a dummy number (this RP will never get 'registered') and set it to CFA to your voicemail pilot.

You then set up a mailbox with the dummy number (or assign the dummy number as an alternate extension to someone existing) and the calls will then go to that mailbox.

Or is it the config in ARC that you are struggling with?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You've detailed your setup; but not really what you want to do.

If you want to divert using the break hours overflow (or any other for that matter) the typical setup is that you create a CTI RP with a dummy number (this RP will never get 'registered') and set it to CFA to your voicemail pilot.

You then set up a mailbox with the dummy number (or assign the dummy number as an alternate extension to someone existing) and the calls will then go to that mailbox.

Or is it the config in ARC that you are struggling with?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your speedy response. The only thing I was struggaling with was how could I set up a number on operators phone so they could get alerted whenever a voicemail was left. The ARC config and UCM and Unity stuff I am good with. When I posted this message I figured it out 5 minutes later and its sort of what you say.

I am going to create a dummy number 5004 and on the night service script I have configured in ARC I will prompt users to press button 1 to forward to voicemail - I will then create x 5000 as a second line on the operators phone and assign that number as the primary number for the user in UE.

I think the problem was I was trying to be to clever in trying to figure out how to get it working with the current CTI RP's and Q Locations in ARC when the simple answer was to do what I've mentioned above.

5 points for getting back to me so quick

Thanks

Rod

Hi

Sounds like you have a good grasp on it - the second line for notification is something I do commonly, and there's not really a 'clever' way of getting stuff into voicemail.

If you have a lot of these devices forwarding to VM it might make sense to set up the VM Prefix option - where you can prefix (for example) a * and reach the users VM. There's a doc from Arc that details that as the Operator has an option to send calls to VM when it's configured...

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: