cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity express ISM

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I had a working Unity express version 8.6 on ISM , for some reason the router reloaded and now Unity will not come up. It hits /usr/bin/launch_ums.sh and then hangs.

goes into waiting             

I have tried resets . reloads of the ISM but no luck.. I am scheduling a reboot if the router but not sure why this happened or if anyone has seen this..

It has been running for weeks no issues.    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may have got a corrupted disk and need to reinstall software.

I agree with you.. How do I use the boot helper?

I downloaded the code  spa-sme for the ISM...

I booted into config.. see below. after that I see the panic halting and I hang any ideas???

ServicesEngine boot-loader> config

IP Address [10.1.13.34] >

Subnet mask [255.255.255.240] >

TFTP server [172.20.4.57] >

Gateway [10.1.13.33] >

Default Boot [none|disk] [disk] >disk

Default bootloader [primary|secondary] [primary] >primary

Updating flash with bootloader configuration.
Please wait .............. done.

ServicesEngine boot-loader> boot ?

ServicesEngine boot-loader> boot ?
Invalid boot option
Usage: boot

ServicesEngine boot-loader> helper
Unrecognized command

ServicesEngine boot-loader> boot helper
Loading tftp://172.20.4.57/cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg ... done.
Verifying ... done.
Starting Kernel.

Network boot: kernel big flag is not set! (44)
[LOADER]: PANIC, halting.

With ISM, I had better luck using the iservice-command nstallation command from router CLI.

However you loading the wrong file.

Is this not the right code for a ISM on SRE???

What code is it

Wrong file.

Check documentation.

For a SRE module that is the right file. 

You are right after I posted I noticed it. The problem is these things are brutal when they have a corruption. I had a bad language pack which hurt and after the reload I missed taking out the tftp server and file name .

All is back and running so life is good.

Paolo, please don't take this wrong but you busted my balls a few months for not rating and today is an example. Rob Huffman goes out of his way to put url's and as much data as he can in a post he amazes me ometimes the detail he puts as well as going out of his way to make sure whoever posted gets as much info as he can provide. After all that is the purpose of this forum to help people.. You tell me me I have wrong file and instead of posting the right one you say check docs. you are right people fail to look at release notes and docs all the time however this forum is to help people who may have forgoten or just for what ever reason didn't look and came right here for help..

That is what this is forum and that is a perfect example why I dont always rate posts...

I am not trying to piss you off but take a step back and look at it. Maybe if it hadn't been me you would have put more but I hope you can see why I take the stances I do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: