Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express license

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

We have a got Unity Express NME-CUE working fine on version 7.1.

We are planning to upgrade Call Manager wherein we also need to upgrade unity express to version 8.6.1.

My query is do we need to have upgrade licenses for unity express.

If yes, do we need to place order through UCSS , the way we do for unity connection major upgrade.

regds,

aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry Aman...I should have linked this reference as well

Permanent License

Permanent licenses are perpetual; that is, they do not have any usage  period associated with them. Once permanent licenses are installed, they  provide all the permissions needed to access features in the software  image. All permanent licenses are node locked and validated by the  licensing infrastructure during software installation and once a permanent license is installed, it is not necessary to upgrade for  subsequent releases.

Cisco manufacturing pre-installs the appropriate permanent license on  the ordered device for the purchased feature set. No customer  interaction with the Cisco Software Activation processes is required to  enable a license on new hardware. Please see the "Software Activation"  section for more details.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1064994

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aman,

Because you are already using CUE CSL licenses in 7.1 you would be good to go

for the migration to 8.6

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Hi Rob,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Still doubt is there: Do I need to order the licnese for 8.6.1 through UCSS since I was refering the link which says that once I do migration I need to migrate licneses for mailbox features and port features.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html

If u could guide on ordering part, would be great.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

You are most welcome my friend!

The "Migration" references in that doc speak to the move to

CUE 7.1 and later and the need to secure CSL licenses. You will

not need to do that step because you already have/use CSL licenses

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry Aman...I should have linked this reference as well

Permanent License

Permanent licenses are perpetual; that is, they do not have any usage  period associated with them. Once permanent licenses are installed, they  provide all the permissions needed to access features in the software  image. All permanent licenses are node locked and validated by the  licensing infrastructure during software installation and once a permanent license is installed, it is not necessary to upgrade for  subsequent releases.

Cisco manufacturing pre-installs the appropriate permanent license on  the ordered device for the purchased feature set. No customer  interaction with the Cisco Software Activation processes is required to  enable a license on new hardware. Please see the "Software Activation"  section for more details.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1064994

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Hi Rob,

thanks a lot for your efforts.

regds,

aman

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aman,

You are most welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: