cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express NTP problem

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ran into an NTP problem with Unity Express 7.0(3). In the GUI, the NTP server was missing and the timezone was wrong. I fixed these items, saved the config and reloaded the CUE module. When it came back up, the NTP server was missing again and the timezone had defaulted back to PST. Thought I would change these using the CLI, but the NTP commands are missing from the CLI. No "ntp server". No "show clock". Anyone else run into this?

Brandon

2 Replies 2

cisconagu
Level 1
Level 1

When you add it via CLI the system immediately checks whether it is a NTP server or not its not done when you do it via the GUI. Hence when you reload if the NTP fails it wont work figure in the place of NTP server. For cisco Unity express you can do a workaround by pointing NTP to the IP address of router on which it sits. The router in turn should point to the NTP server.

I may not have been clear. Here are the 2 issues:

1. If I input the NTP server (loopback interface of the router) using the GUI, I'm able to add the server, change the timezone and save the changes. At this point a reload is required for the change to take effect. After reloading the CUE module, the NTP server is blank and the timezone has defaulted back to PST.

2. In the CLI, the NTP commands are missing. If I type ? at the config prompt, ntp is not listed as a valid command. If I type show ?, show clock is not listed as a valid command

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: