Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express - one way audio problem from local sip trunk

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Got an inbound sip trunk from Asterisk (yeuck) to uc520 (no config needed on uc520 - inbound sip only). Both devices are on same local subnet.

Calls from * to uc520 work fine until an ext. on uc520 is busy or not answered.

When call goes to Unity - caller (at * end) can hear voicemail message and DTMF tone work but no audio is recorded.

I'm guessing it's an access list problem when * talking to unity - but not sure where to look.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Just thought I`d update:

Problem was traced to access-list preventing traffic from reaching CUE.

Removed access list from CUE interface and viola. Then amended rules and put it back on!

Hi,

I have the exact same problem except your solution didn't work in my case:(( So just wanted to ask if there are any updates regarding the subject...

thanks,

goran pilat

One way audio issues are most of the times routing problems.

I recommend you to take a sniffer trace to check which ip addresses are used on the media exchange and then check if you can ping them.

Just a follow-up as I made it work. The external phones in my case were CCM5.1 registered IP phones connected to CME/CUE via SIP trunk. The problem was in this SIP trunk. I had to mark "require media termination point", and "DTMF signaling method" to OOB and RFC2833.

All the default access-lists were acceptable.

bye,

goran pilat

There's also an issue with 'ip verify unicast reverse-path' that would cause a similar issue with one-way voice traffic. If you're using ip verify unicase reverse-path you may want to remove it and see if this resolves your problem.

HTH,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: