Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Extension Forwarding

Hi,

Is there any possible way to use just Unity 4.1 and Call manager 4.1 to set up using call handlers (or by other means) a way of having a prompt that says:

'If you know the extension you are looking for please dial #'

and then the user is able to hit the '#' key and immediately type the extension they want to be transfered to and then be routed to that extension, regardless or whether that extension is a subscriber or not?

i.e. I hear the above message, I press #, then I press 1234 and then I get transfered to extension 1234 (and then it rings that phone of course).

I seem to find that using the distribution list you have to enter via first and or last name which is not what I'm looking for. I know this can be done in IPCC but I'm trying to avoid any complications if possible.

Any help is very much appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity Extension Forwarding

There is a default directory handler already configured within Unity, all you need to do is ensure that your subscribers transfer is configured to their specific extension.

The Transfer option located under the subscriber simply dictates what Unity does with a call when it not a direct call to the subscriber.

For example when an external user dials the main voice pilot number, the directory handler system greeting prompts you enter the extension or press 4 for directory of extensions. Providing the transfer to subscribers extension is set to the their extension the call should be transfer successfully.

HTH.

p.s please rate posts if you find the information helpful. Thanks.

Re: Unity Extension Forwarding

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse. Apologies but I'm a bit confused. I understand there is a default DH in unity but if I send my call hander to the DH after hitting the hash key (using caller input) I get the following message:

'spell the first name and last name etc etc'

I don't get the prompt to saying 'enter an extension or press 4 for a direc...'.

Also I understand that I can choose the transfer option on each subscriber but does that mean every extension in the organisation has to therefore be a subsciber in order to get transfers to that phone?

e.g. Say I have 1000 extension and only 50 possible subscribers, how can I transfer to to the other 950 extensions?

Again, thanks for you help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content