Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity failover time during shutdown of primary server

Hi Team,

I have tested following scenario and the failover unity server took 70-80 sec to answer the call.

Scenario:

I have shutdown the active unity server, then from the ip phone i was trying to dial the voice mail pilot number and keep ringing,failover unity server took 70-80 seconds the answer the call.

Is it normal behaviour or i have to fine tune the configuration?

Thanks,

Ashraf

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity failover time during shutdown of primary server

Hi there,

Intervals for Failover and Failback

Failover Interval

When  failover occurs, the time it takes for the secondary server to begin  answering calls typically depends on what causes failover as described  below;

Network outage

The  secondary server begins answering calls after waiting for the number of  keep-alive events set in the Missed Events Before Failover field in the  Failover Monitor. The time required depends on the value of the field  and on the value of the Interval (ms) field.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/failover/guide/ex/FG_040.html#wp1110099

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

Re: Unity failover time during shutdown of primary server

Hi Justin,

My scenario is I have shutdown the Primary server then the secondary server took 70-80 sec to answer the call.

Is it normal behaviour?

Thanks,

Ashraf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content