cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greetings

sateesh.katukam
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main line that goes directly to a unity account to give the caller options (press 1 for this, press 2 for that, etc). I need a different recording for afterhours, but I need this afterhours recording to have different caller inputs so that pressing 1 afterhours does something different than pressing 1 during normal hours.

The only way I know to do this is to have a 2 different unity accounts so that they can have different ?caller input? options. but how do I have the main line switch between unity accounts? When forwarded, it does not go to the unity account of the extension I?m forwarding to, but the unity account of the main line. I need to setup the main line as an alternate extension on both of the unity accounts that gives the caller options.

Can anyone help me on this ?I?m running Callmanager 4.1 and unity 4.2(1).

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to setup 2 seperate schedules in Unity and apply them to these call hadlers (or subscribers), basically one will be active during one period of time and the other during the rest.

HTH,

Chris

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, you need two schedules, according to the schedule that you create the CallHandler will use the Standard Greeting or the Closed Greeting. Probably you have the All Hours-All Days scheduled selected. Create a new one and assign it to your CallHandler.

Here is a document that will help you to understand the schedules but you wont' be doing that procedure you will only create the Schedule and assign it to the CH.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008011aa09.shtml

Donald Loyer
Level 4
Level 4

In addition to the 2 schedules and 2 call handlers. Make sure you add the 2 CH to the Call Routing table for Direct Calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: