cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity GSM no destination

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Trying to move subscribers between unity 4.0X and 4.21 using GSM. When I right clock on the users and select "move", the utility says it can move the subscriber, but no destinations show up as available. Any thoughts? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The dialing domain is not related to the phone switch. From Unity help:

"A dialing domain provides a means to set the search scope for message addressing and for call transfers from the auto attendant and directory handler(s)."

In th SA, click Primary Location. You will see Dialing Domain. Enter a dialing domain on one of the Unity servers. Allow time for this information to replicate. Then go to the other Unity server, go to Primary Location and choose the dialing domain that you entered.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the following:

1. Commserver\Stream Files directory shared out as “Stream Files” with full rights to the user running the GSM.

2. Source and destination systems in the same dialing domain

3. Moving from 4.0 to 4.2(1) - the source must be older or same version as destination

Brandon

Thanks for the reply

Commserver\stream files has to be shared, or the 'move' option wont even be there. As I understand it, the same dialing domain refers to the phone switch, these are serviced by the same dialing domain, I cant even select "dialing domain" from the SA. The source is definetly 4.0, while dest is 4.2.1

Any other thoughts. Seems simple enough.

The dialing domain is not related to the phone switch. From Unity help:

"A dialing domain provides a means to set the search scope for message addressing and for call transfers from the auto attendant and directory handler(s)."

In th SA, click Primary Location. You will see Dialing Domain. Enter a dialing domain on one of the Unity servers. Allow time for this information to replicate. Then go to the other Unity server, go to Primary Location and choose the dialing domain that you entered.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Yes, that helps. thanks very much. I am now able to see a destination. thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: