cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity licensing

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

In a scenario we are using BE6K with 700 users,we have ordered bundle CUWL-25 licenses Enhanced UCL-675,as i know unity connection comes by default 24 ports...my question wether all the 700 users can acess the voicemail with this existing licenses,are i need to purchase any additional licenses ...clarify me

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Siva,

CUWL Standard and Professional comes by default for unity connection.

for others [UCL Enhanced/Enhanced Plus], it is add on and must be ordered separately.

regds,

aman

As i seen in docs,enhanced licenses have the feature of voice mail.

Hi Siva,

Just refer the link and Table 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

regds,

aman

So in this case we need to go for CUWL standard!!!

If u are placing the fresh order, then , go for at least CUWL Standard for Voice mail facility else for existing UCLs , you need to place separate order.

regds,

aman

We don't have UCSS/ESW contract,as u told without that i cannot migrate the licenses from UNITY.,How can i seperately order is there any partnumber?

Hi Siva,

I can share the PArt Code but suggest speaking to your Cisco Account Manager to get clarity on my mentioned part codes as well.

CUWL-STD-K9
UTY2UCXN-MIG-UWL

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Sure i will speak,

Clarify my queries.,

1).Is it possible through LCU tool we can generate a report in CUC?

2) In case during migration if all users have voicemail functionality  can i get CUWL standart licenses?

3) As you told UCSS/ESW contract required for migration license & upgradation.,without this manually can i get the licenses,since i am moving to UCS platform.

3) I have used the part number R-CBE6K-K9 ,,,ordered enchance licenses around 300 ,so instead of Enhanced i need to order UWL standard,shall i use the same partnumber.

To answer your queries:

1).Is it possible through LCU tool we can generate a report in CUC?LCU can be used for CUCM only for migrating DLU to UCL type.

2) In case during migration if all users have voicemail functionality  can i get CUWL standart licenses?I believe you would get Voice mail licenses for all users. The same would depend on Phone models being used and also, the part codes would be different

for upgrade Basic 6921 user , part code would be BE6K-BAS-UPG

for upgrade Enhanced 6945 user , part code would be BE6K-ENH-UPG

for upgrade Basic Voice mail license BE6K-VM-UPG

3) As you told UCSS/ESW contract required for migration license & upgradation.,without this manually can i get the licenses,since i am moving to UCS platform. No.You need to order Migration or have UCSS contract

3) I have used the part number R-CBE6K-K9 ,,,ordered enchance licenses around 300 ,so instead of Enhanced i need to order UWL standard,shall i use the same partnumber.Part codes would be different 

Do speak to Cisco AM.

regds,

aman