cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity message notification

alanshort1
Level 1
Level 1

I need help stopping a notification page from Unity.

Somewhere, my phone has been set up to get a page from Unity when something has occured. The sender's name is Unity-UNITY01.

I believe this started with a message sent to all subscribers on Friday, and I'm thinking that I need to log into some unknown mailbox to delete the message, and of course turn off notification too.

Is there a way to track down where the message is coming from? We are using the secondary Unity box as the Exchange server.

Thanks for any assistance. And my wireless phone bill thanks you too...

Alan

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Alan,

What version of Unity are you running?

I am not sure about Unity Connections, but with Unity 4.x & 5.x you should be able to run a quick MSSQL query to find what mailbox your number is associated with(assuming that you are a System Admin). If you are not a System Admin, maybe you can persuade yours to run the following.

On the Unitydb, run:

select ParentAlias, Alias, DlvdevicePhoneNumber from NotificationDevice

where DlvdevicePhoneNumber LIKE '%insert phone number%'

Example:

select ParentAlias, Alias, DlvdevicePhoneNumber from NotificationDevice

where DlvdevicePhoneNumber LIKE '%5551231234%'

The ParentAlias field should give you the information you need to find and remove the message notification.

Thanks,

-Adam

Please rate if helpful

Thanks Adam, that helped tremendously.

While I wasn't sure how to run the query you mentioned, it did get me looking at the apps on the server, one of which is the Subscriber Information Dump.

That allowed me to find the msg notification info I was looking for.

Many thanks.

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: