Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration 2000 to 2003

jenny.russo
Level 1
Level 1

Current Unity infrastructure -

Unity 4.05 in standlaone config (Domain controller\Exchange\Unity same server)on 2000 OS

Purchased two MCS-7845 servers shipped only with 2003

Any suggestions on this migration as Unity on 2003 requires install on a memeber server with exchange off box.

Have reviewed all Cisco documentation and havent found this particular scenario

Any idea how to get the 2000 OS for the new platform?

2 Replies 2

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, I did this not long ago. I did a backup with DIRT of the existing Unity 4.0(5). Did a new install on the 2003 server of Unity 4.0(5) and did a DIRT restore. Then I upgraded it to 5.x. I ran into several problems, but not with the backup or restore. It was more of permissions at one point, even though I had to run the permission wizard before hand. I also had to run the bunnykiller app. I think that was for resetting exchange properties if I remember correctly. Because they wouldnt show up in Unity? Cant remember.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jenny,

I'm not sure how the new 7845's were ordered but if the order does not have a Part# like this;

MCS-7845-H2-ECS1

that includes the ECS1 defined (to indicate a Unity build) you won't receive OS 2000 and Platform Configuration cd's. I think that the best way to address this would be to open a TAC case and indicate the problem you are facing. They should be able to courier a new set to you.

Hope this helps!

Rob