Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - New account can not access System Admin page

Hello all,

I am in the process of creating a new account for the operator to access the unity admin page to activate / deactivate messages durring certain times of the day.

The issue is, when they login and try to access the System admin webpage they get the following error

Your Windows Domain Account [VOICEMAIL00\5344] is not associated with a Cisco Unity Subscriber.

You cannot access the Cisco Unity System Administration.

Please see your system administrator for more details.

http://voicemail/web/Common/Error.asp?Kind=NoSubs

How do I associate it with the unity subscriber ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok, we're talking about different things here

one would be to create an account to admin Unity, and other thing to also manage exchange from the same account

if you want the same user to be able to use exchange you would need to open the exchange admin and right click on it and use the delegate control option over that account, also add the exchange permissions or exchange admin group to that user

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to log into unity with the unityadmin account

open the unity tools and under diagnostic tools you will find a tool named Grant Unity Access

you need to know the account you're going to use and the subscriber to which you're going to associate

HTH

HTH

java

Nevermind Jav.. I was looking in the wrong Tools.. Found it and got it to work, thanks much

Ok.. so I added the user through the diagnostics page.. now I am getting the following when I try to open the system admin page

Access denied

Your class of service prohibits you from accessing the Cisco Unity System Administration.

Please see your system administrator for more details.

Any ideas?

the subscriber to which you associated the user needs to have a class of service that allows him to make changes and log in, if you have the default subscriber COS you won't be allowed.

go into the subscriber page and look for the Class Of Service parameter

change it to the administrator one and try again

HTH

HTH

java

Sweet

Thanks for the help Jav, I think I got it from here.

Ok Jav, I lied i dont have it yet!

I got the login and the association working, but I am getting view errors when I try to give them access to a folder to view in the unity exchange folders. I gave the account domain admin and local admin access what gives?

ok, we're talking about different things here

one would be to create an account to admin Unity, and other thing to also manage exchange from the same account

if you want the same user to be able to use exchange you would need to open the exchange admin and right click on it and use the delegate control option over that account, also add the exchange permissions or exchange admin group to that user

HTH

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: