cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Password Reset

Reid Ditzler
Level 1
Level 1

I have come across an issue were the Unity Connection Administrator/Serviceability account became locked but the Disaster Recovery/OS Administration accounts were fine (they both used the same password). I ssh'ed into the Unity box and tried to reset the password and the box issued and error stating that it was a duplicate password (which makes sense) so next I changed the password to something different and then tried to change it back to the original password and the box is still saying that this is a duplicate password. After opening a TAC case they told me that this is due to a security credential that they (Cisco) are not allowed to change, but I can. Does anyone know how/where I might be able to find this credential?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Reid,

I would look in (under the web SA)  @ Authentication Rules > Stored Number of previous Credentials

and change the number to 0 or 1

Stored Number of Previous Credentials

Enter a value for the number of previous passwords that  Cisco Unity Connection stores for a user. When a user enters a new password,  Connection compares it to the stored passwords, and rejects it if it matches a  password in the history.

A value of 0 (zero) means that Connection does not store any  previous passwords for the user.

Default setting: 5 passwords.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Reid,

I would look in (under the web SA)  @ Authentication Rules > Stored Number of previous Credentials

and change the number to 0 or 1

Stored Number of Previous Credentials

Enter a value for the number of previous passwords that  Cisco Unity Connection stores for a user. When a user enters a new password,  Connection compares it to the stored passwords, and rejects it if it matches a  password in the history.

A value of 0 (zero) means that Connection does not store any  previous passwords for the user.

Default setting: 5 passwords.

Cheers!

Rob

Boom! Perfect!

I'm ashamed that it was that easy

But thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Reid,

No worries my friend It's not something you look at

every day. I just happened to be in that area of CUC recently.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: