Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity port usage

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having Unity 4.2 with a 16 port license. I know when users are leaving messages to a subsriber mail box, one port is used.

I want to know that whether these ports are used when the subsribers try to retreive these messages from inbox ? If yes, is there anyway to avoid this?

Thanks,

Pete

2 Replies 2

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

When the users retrieve the messages using the TUI (Telephone User Interface) in other words when they press the messages button and login, then yes, you use a port and there is no way to avoid this. But if you have Unified Messaging and you are checking the inbox from your outlook then you do not use a port.

To see the port usage you can go to the Tools Depot and open the Port Status Monitor to see when are the ports been used.

Hope that helps, if yes, please rate the post.

//Jorge

If you have UM and are using VMO and are checking messages via Outlook and your phone is the playback device, then a port will be used.

Jorge is right so whenever TRaP is used a port is used. TRaP Telephone Record and Playback. If you are listening to your messages on your computer via headphones and a soundcard then a port is not used.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: