Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Unity to Unity Connection

Hello Experts,

I have a customer with a remote site in NY (2851 configured MGCP) connected to a CallManager cluster running 7.1(3) in Houston.  The remote site runnes Cicso Unity Express and the Houston site has Unity.  Everything has been working fine until the office moved before we could get their MPLS connection and PRI moved, so we had to put in a VPN connection until that is done.  So at this point, I have their main number routed through the Houston site to the Houston Attendant console via Translation Pattern and the calls are transferred to the NY site (OnNet) from their.  They didn't want me to configure Transcoding so I simply moved the phones from the NY Device Pool to the Houston Device pool so OnNet call transfers would work.

Problem I'm facing now is during after hours when the Attendant console routes calls to Unity (in Houston) and the caller chooses the NY Directory, the call gets dropped.  If a call is transfered to the user and they don't answer, the call is routed to their CUE voice mailbox but MWI is not syncronizing. I know it's most likely a Codec problem because the CTI Ports that are associated with CUE are still in the NY Device Pool but I was wondering what the best way to temporarily fix this problem.

Should I move all users back to the NY Device Pool and configure transcoding or should I move the CTI ports associated with the NY CUE to the Houston Device Pool?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

• IP Telephony
Views
Helpful
Replies