cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity viewmail

evan.proios
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up unity viewmail to test. I can connect to my phone but is there a way to recive VM messages in outlook using the viewmail client?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, youneed to have Unified Messaging or use IMAP. Basically configure Unity to use the same Exchange|Domino server that you use for your corporate email.

OK, Is there a tech paper that covers how to configure that? Do I need to purchase any additional licencing? I have 60 VM licences and 15 inbox, What are the inbox licences for?

THanks

Cisco Unity Inbox subscribers are for VMI feature which means you can check your VM via GUI using PCA.

Check this doc.

Installing Cisco Unity Voice Messaging in Anticipation of Migrating to Cisco Unity Unified Messaging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a0080109775.shtml

Evan,

VMO (viewmail for outlook) is free - This is a plugin available for download from CCO. Integrates with Outlook and can be used to play back of voice messages from outlook.

IMAP - access voice messages via OUtlook using IMAP. Typically used in a voice messaging only environment. This requires a license for every user

Unity Inbox - From PCA you can access your messages just like OWA. This requires a license for every user.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Ok, Great. I guess I am looking on how to make VM's forward to the viewmail client. I have one set up and it works to send messages and record from my phone but I do not recive messages in my inbox. Is there a setup on the server that is required?

Thanks

Is this a voicemail or unified messaging solution ?

If this is VM only, then you need to setup IMAP on the server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper0900aecd8031c947.shtml

Once IMAP is properly setup on the server and client (Outlook), you should be able to receive the messages.

Install VMO on client PC, you should be able to play back the message.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks, I will try. It is a VM only.