Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i want to ask about Cisco Unity, what is exactly the dependency of Unity on Microsoft Exchange, if I do not know any thing about MS Exchange, and need to attend a training on Cisco Unity to deploy a solution for Unity, can the Cisco Unity course cover all dependencies on MS Exchange,

also what are the required knowledge should I have on MS Exchange to proceed well practically in Unity ?

thnaks

5 Replies 5

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

any updates

regards

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exchange is one option for Unity message store, the other option is Domino. Basically all voicemail messages are stored as emails on the message store platorm. In order to deploy Unity with Exchange you need to have some knowledge of it. If you are deploying Unified Messaging solution you need to integrate Unity server to the corporate Active Directory, extend the schema, and integrate with MS Exchange Message Store. If you install only voicemail soultion then you have an option to install Exchange on the same server as Unity, or on a seperate server (if you use failover Unity you need to go the second way). So, good admin knowledge of Exchange is important as well as understading of MS Active Directory wich is aslo a big dependency for Unity.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

thanks for ur illustration

what I want is this part: the integration between Cisco unity and MS Exchange and Active Directory,

how to get knowlledge on ths part (material, documents if any)?

does the Unity training course covers this integration part, so that if i don't have any knowledge on Exchange, the training course will cover this side, and i can deploy practically a unified messaging solution using Cisco Unity?

thnaks sir

dear All

any comments, answers...

thanks

Well if you are computer literate and you have some support you should be ok. I was never trained on Unity or Exchange but have put in many of them. When you download your install doc be sure to pick the right one for your deployment model and it gives you a step by step through the whole process. If you are doing unified messageing the you will need to heaivly depend on your customer to have the required Exchange Knowledge needed to do the intergration but I hve to admit the install doc for Unity gives you a good blow by blow of what to do so even a novice like me was able to get them in and working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: