cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unityconnection2.x transfer to department

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

In unityconnection2.1, how to dial an AA number, and then press 1 or 2 for reach different department, such as press 1 for Finance and press 2 for IT.

I have setup 2 hunt pilot, 1111 for Finance and 1112 for IT ,and both involve some agents.

I also have setup a cti port with number 1000 as auto attendant, and call forward all to VM. I tried to edit key 1 and key 2 in 'Caller Input', but I don't know how to transfer a extension number, I remember extension number can be input here in Unity5.x.

And,I also want to leave message to a individual number 1113 when no agents are available (or all agents are busy or no answered) in the hunt group.

27 Replies 27

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You will need to use call handlers here for this

You will create a call handler, and record the prompts for the call handler as you want the calls directed.

Attached is short documentation I wrote to achieve thisin Unity. It is the same procedure in Unity connection. the menus are just different. Follow it and you will be good.

Pls rate useful posts

Please rate all useful posts

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Attachment as promised

aokanlawon, I really don't know how to thank you any more, since I only can give me highest grade.I'll try to do it with your procedure.

I have another question need your kind help.

I have setup a cti port 1000 as AA, and call forward all to VM. And also setup a hunt pilot number 4000 for VM hung group. When I dial 1000 I can get the prompt I recored before(it's welcome to ABC company, press 1 for IT , press 2 for finance, or 0 for operator). But coming a problem, I want to go to VM by other IP phone, but whenever I dial 4000, I just can listen the welcome prompt, I don't know how to login my VM with my ID and passwd.

Pls give me some advice.Many Thanks

Zhang,

I am happy I can help! However the higest point you can give is 5 point not 4! Take note :)

For you voicemail to work, you need to configure unity pilot number also. The directory number must be the same as the hunt pilot for voice mail which here is 4000.

You then need to create a Voice mail profile, put the Unity pilot in the pilot number, then assign your users directory numbers to the profile.

Create users in Unity and then press message button.

HTH

It's great and almost successful.

About caller system transfer , I use default transfer table which alllows internal call, and i also relate it with Class of Service and Users , but unfortunately, when I call an internal call, I'm informed 'you can not transfere to this number'.

What's the matter need your help more?

I dont understand you. Are you trying to dial outside numbers from unity, or xfering a call in callmanager..

explain more

I just want to xfer a number in CCM.

It's press 1 for IT , press 2 for Finance, press 3 for dialling extension number.

I want to try 'caller system transfer' feature in Unity, So in 'Caller Input' menu I use 'caller system transfer' to relate with 3.

I have configured the Class of Service and Restriction to allow "*", but still failed to get through the extension after I dialed the extension number in ccm. It prompts I have right to do it.

BTW, I have to change some system default voice prompt, such as 'wait, i will transfer your call?' , would u pls tell me where they are located?

Ok, to use Unity/Unity Connection to dial an external number, you have to create dial rules.

Attached is a document that explains how to create xfer rules in unity..You can use this for Unity ocnnection too

NB: Just use the section that applies to what you want to do.

ALso make sure that the CSS on unity ports has access to the partition of the route pattern you use to dial out

Thanks a million, sir.

I guess you should have sum up many many experience and reference, and it's very very useful for me. Would u pls share me any more?

Well,

Depends on what you want. I certainly am more than willing to share

Any reference for CCM, Unity, CME and Voice Gateway will be expected.

Sir, I'm wondering whether VoiceGateway can connect with Unity in SRST mode? If not, how user can reach AA (CTI port)? Can Hunt group/ Hunt Pilot be supported in SRST mode?

Your any reference document and comment will be appreciated!!!

Hi,

Yes your users can connect with Unity during srst.

Here is an excellent document, that helps you with configuring voice mail access during srst.

The last 3 pages 10-13, details this

Thanks Sir.

I'm wondering if SRST Route and connect Unity, when CCM crashes.

It seems in your document that it's the scene of WAN link down,not CCM down.

If ccm crashed, how to get the connection to Unity ?

Hi,

When the WAN is down, its the same as when ccm crashes. SRST will kick in and then you can use the config in the document.

You can try a few things if you have the chance. Go to your CCM services. STOP CCM service (on all you ccm servers). See what happens to the IP Phones. If you have an srst refrence in the phones device pool, the phones will fallback to srst.

So the same thing happens wehn wan is down and callmanager crashes..

Hope you understand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: