Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Number in Call History for SIP Phones

Hi everyone,

We have this issue when calling through a QSIG E1 to a ALCATEL OXE PBX, registered in CUCM through MGCP, from a Cisco IP Phone running SIP registered in a new CUCM running 9.1.2.11900. The phone loads are the latest releases and i'm experiencing this on 8961s and 78XXs. For 7942s running SCCP everything is OK.

Basically, when i dial the destination number the call is placed but i see Unknown Number until i receive the ALERTING packet from the PBX with the facilities. By then i can see the Called Name of the destination in my Cisco Phone while it's ringing and later, when connected. The thing is when i go to the Call History Lists the call is registered to an Unknown number.

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Same issue calling to H323 Cisco CME Gateways...

related to  CSCso49790

HI Ishan,

Thanks for the reply. I had already looked at those Bugs but they are related to calls made eithin phones registered to the CUCM and has already been corrected. This only happens when i call phones that are not registered to CUCM, but only happens to SIP phones. Maybe i'm missing something in the SIP configuration...

Francisco,

the bug is for SIP phones only and doesnt affect the SCCP phones. for the outbound calling, do you have a Translation pattern to go out to the sIP trunk?

can you tell the exact call flow here?

eg

SIP phone-->dials number-->hits TP-->hits Route pattern-->MGCP gw ?

ishan

For SCCP phones everything works fine.

The call  flow is either one of these:

Sip phone -> MGCP gateway (Cisco 2951) -> Primary E1 (QSIG) -> ALCATEL OXE

or

Sip phone -> H323 -> Cisco CME

i mean the digit manipulation that you are doing.

for eg:

SIP phone-->dials number-->hits TranslationPattern-->hits Route pattern-->mgcp

There's no digit manipulation done on the CUCM side. There a Route Pattern pointing to a Route List with the respective Route Group. No Manipulation involved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: