Views
Helpful
Replies

'Unknown Number' showing for incoming calls

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Im a newbie when it comes to all this phone gubbins so forgive my lameness..

We've got a UC520 running CME connected to our ISDN via a BRI connection. All working great. Apart from.. when i call into the office from my mobile, I get Unknown Number appearing on my 7941.

In short, how do I get the calling nuber displayed on the phones rather than the cryptic Unknown Number?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to also check with your provider to find out if they support callerid or if you are set up to have it on your circuit.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Number should appear without any special command. Please send output of "debug isdn q931" taken with "term mon" first.

Hi. Attatched is the isdn q931 debug output when I call into the system from my mobile. Hope somebody can spot something!

Cheers!

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to also check with your provider to find out if they support callerid or if you are set up to have it on your circuit.

Well it seems that BT haven't enabled CLIP on our circuit so thats why we arn't getting any caller id's!

Thanks

Looking at the debug, the calling number is not present only the called number... BT needs to fix it.

hmm.. not sure where to go now.. theres some posts saying that the number may well be chopped off by the telco.. your going with BT being at fault mate?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: