Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Device Name in BAT

Michael Piskun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've been struggling with this BAT problem for some time.

I'm trying to update the Name for a phone (eg: CSF), device profile, Trunk device, etc, using BAT. The obvious problem with this using BAT, is that I'm trying to update the field which identifies the object you are trying to update. A bit of a tail biter.

To explain this in a different way, this would not a problem with SQL, of course, as you can do something like the following:
UPDATE device SET name='newName' WHERE name='oldName'

I was wondering if anyone has had luck achieving this within BAT? If the functionality is there imagine it would be through the use of a second 'Device Name' field or something of the likes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can interface with the CUCM Database utilizing SQL statements.  There are several blogs on the subject. The command would be run sql update... 

Or you if wanted to use BAT export all details, change the device name, Insert all details, delete out the old records. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can interface with the CUCM Database utilizing SQL statements.  There are several blogs on the subject. The command would be run sql update... 

Or you if wanted to use BAT export all details, change the device name, Insert all details, delete out the old records.