cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updates and Patches for Callmanager and Unity

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

Our CCM and Unity systems are very under patched. How do I start to know what patches need installation and where to begin? Are there any 'catch-all' patches to bring systems up to date?

CCM System is 4.0(1)sr2a, Admin is 4.0(0.333). Server is W2K SP4

Unity is 4.0(3). SQL i think is 2000, Exchange is 2000. Server is W2K SP3.

27 Replies 27

Not applicable

That sounds like a good plan. I would recommend upgrading SQL to SP4 as well.

Brandon

would you say before or after the CCM updates?

wait, sorry, found my answer...before the ccm updates.

The SQL update will need to be after the 4.0(2) update as it is not supported on 4.0(1). See the readme for SQL SP4.

Brandon

i caught that after my last post. should it also be before the 4.2(3) update, or doesn't it matter after that point?

I would go ahead and install it before the 4.2(3) upgrade. I think it's a good idea to have all patches relevant to the current version in place before upgrading.

Brandon

I'm getting close to having this solved... For upgrading the OS to 2.7 then to 4.4, do I need to install the 2.7sr8 patch or can i just jump to 4.4?

You do not need to install the SR. You can go from 2000.2.7 to 2000.4.4.

Brandon

So far so good. I've updated the OS to 4.4a without issue. I will be upgrading CCM tonight.

For Unity I've installed SP4 without problems and have begun to install the hotfixes. I downloaded the English-UpdatesForWindows2000-SP4 and unzipped it. Do I really have to install each one individually, or is there a utility that installs them all? The few that I have done so far have asked to reboot after. Do I need to after each or can I insatll them all then reboot?

you will have to install one Hotfix at a time and regarding the reboot, it depends on the hotfix. Some MS hotfixes need an reboot before the next one is installed and some dont.

FYI - I was unable to install the update between the 4.0(2) update before the 4.2 update. I don't have it in front of me, but you need to have at least, I think it's 4.1 CCM to install SP4 for SQL.

Since I didn't want to go from 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2, I went ahead with the 4.2 update, and found SP4 was part of that install.

This is what you need to do for your Unity server:

Download the following file:

Unity_DST_Patches.zip

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity?psrtdcat20e2

Unzip the file and it will create several folders with all the information that you need.

1) If you are running Windows 2000 then you need to install the Windows2000-KB928388-x86-ENU file.

If you are running Windows 2003 then you need to install the WindowsServer2003-KB931836-x86-ENU file.

You may also wish to apply the patch to each domain controller and global catalog server in your forest that is available to Unity as well as to each machine running Exchange that contains a Unity subscriber's mailbox.

2) Apply the JRE_time_zone_update. Open the ReadMe.txt within the folder "JRE_time_zone_update" and follow the instructions.